- If opting out of phone books, go to http://www.yellowpagesoptout.com.
- To stop unsolicited credit card and other solicitations, go to OptOutPrescreen.com or call 1-888-567-8688.
- If you contribute to a charitable organization, ask them to send you only one donation request yearly or quarterly, or however you would like to contribute. The American Institute on Philanthropy offers several tips on reducing junk mail from charities at https://www.charitywatch.org/charitywatch-articles/seven-tips-for-reducing-unwanted-mail-and-phone-appeals/43.
- When you receive unsolicited promo products, you can mark the envelope “RETURN TO SENDER” and put it back in the mail.
- What to do with mercury – Mercury Information
Recycling Guides – these flyers will help you understand what goes in your curbside bins (click on the company used in your city)
Lake County Residents will find these guides beneficial –